Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Library Service at OSC



CAS project chosen: - Library Service

Aim: - To help to maintain the library and keep the books ordered and tidy.


This year in the first semester I have done Library Service in which we help to maintain the books in library. Moreover, we label the new books that come there and then put them in order back into the bookshelves. We have to put all the books that have been given back by the students at OSC back into the bookshelves. Although this does not sound like a lot of work but we had to work a lot so that everything was in proper place. This community and service project helped me to serve to my local community – Overseas School of Colombo by help the teachers in library to maintain the library. It affected my life in a lot of ways as it made me aware that maintaining a library is not easy and I started to respect the library more than I did before. My own personal goal was to work as much as I can and help the teachers as much as I can.



I fulfilled my goal by working a lot and helping others being collaborative to the other students doing the library service and helping them to put everything in order. If there was any work I was ready all the time. It was a big learning experience for me as I learned how to maintain a library and how to put books in order. I have contributed to the library service as I worked for this service project in order to put books in order that they should be and help other people working in this CAS by helping them understand how to put books in order that they should be in. I have been a risk taker by choosing this program as I haven’t had any experience in library service before.




Here is the photo of one of my friends whom I helped to understand how to put books in order of the name of their author, book nuber and bookshelf number.




No comments:

Post a Comment